1. Cellular immune response to HIV-1 and correlates of immune protection in early and chronic HIV-1 infection.
2. Development of novel prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines for HIV-1 infection
3. Immune reconstitution of HIV-1 infection
4. Interactions between HIV-1 and dendritic cells
5. Dendritic cell, T cell, and epithelial cell interactions in HIV-infected gut-associated lymphoid tissue (GALT)
6. HIV, aging, microbiome and mucosal immune function
7. Mechanisms of HIV-associated death in intestinal T cells
8. Role of Interferons in HIV pathogenesis